Are you interested in helping to improve the Local Offer website? Contact us: Email  (01482) 396469

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs)


As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including:

  • a long-term health condition
  • a mental health condition
  • a specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia

You must meet the definition of 'disability' under the Equality Act 2010. You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.

For information about Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) and to apply for DSAs visit the website: - Disability Students' Allowances (DSAs) (external website)

Page last updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016